Monday 28 September 2009

Me again

Another self-promoting post, I'm afraid. Here's a two-page glimpse of the first number of the new Cambridge Literary Review, which not only contains this poem, written in 1973, but also a memoir of my meeting with the concrete poet Dom Sylvester Houédard, or dsh, as he preferred to be known. It's shockingly candid, as people used to say when reticence was a virtue. (Click to embiggen.)

If you'd like to know more about this excellent review, the first issue of which is dedicated to Cambridge writing, click here.

2 comments:

gnute said...

Hello, think it would be possible to post a larger jpeg of your poem? Even when I 'embiggen' it, it's unreadable on my screen. Thanks.

Charles Lambert said...

No problem. I actually posted the poem some time ago on this blog, so you can find it here: http://charles-lambert.blogspot.com/search?q=the+gift