Friday 23 February 2007

DICO? DICEVO...

Prodi's cobbled together a twelve-point list designed to hold the centre-left coalition together until the end of the legislation. It's sufficiently vague to work for a while at least and, faced with the alternatives of a technical government or, even worse, the return of Berlusconi et al., we have to hope it does.

Oddly enough, the list doesn't mention the word DICO, despite having a point devoted to family matters. Francesco Storace, former minister of health and currently under investigation for political espionage, commented, with his usual ready wit: Dico (I say)? Dicevo (I said).

The Vatican, in other words, has managed to block civil union legislation by playing the Andreotti hand, as I predicted.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Nice one, Giulio!

No comments: